Where to Find Decorating Inspiration
When you work with Mosaic, if you know the look you like, be assured that we can provide the linens. If, however, you’re not so sure what you’d like, our consultants will be happy to collaborate with you to create an exciting one-of-a-kind look and atmosphere for your special event.
Finding decorating ideas to get you started is simpler than you might think. There are lots of fun ways to search for inspiration:
• Do you love a certain kind of flower? Begin by choosing your floral designs, then choose tablecloths and napkins to coordinate with your flowers. Or bring in a photo of your favorite flower for inspiration.
• Do you already have a dress for the big event, or have you selected a special fashion focal point (such as bridesmaids dresses, a christening gown, etc.)? Bring in a swatch of the fabric, and let that serve as the launching point for your color scheme.
• Choose a theme, and carry it throughout your event. A broadway show, a famous piece of art, an historic era, a color, a character, a season, a country or a current event can all be inspiration for a theme. A theme can be as subtle as a certain symbol or color that you incorporate repeatedly (for example, a motif of autumn leaves or wintry snowflakes, a palette black and white, or a rainbow of soft pastels), or as elaborate as a costume ball . . . you decide.
• Peruse architectural, bridal and decorating magazines and tear out photos of table designs that you like. You may see something you love, or bits and pieces from many designs that you want to borrow to create a look all your own.
• Don’t be afraid of color and texture. White on white is lovely, but events of all kinds (even weddings) are often decorated in rich and exciting colors. Consider the romance of midnight blue, the heat of calypso colors, and the passion of vibrant red. Depending on the location and the time of day, cheerful plaids, fresh florals or playful ginghams might make just the right statement for your special day.
• If you prefer a traditional, understated look, by all means choose solid colors or traditional white. Add a touch of whimsy or an expression of personal style with accessories . . . elegant charger plates, intriguing napkin rings, or a single, stunning flower tucked into the back of a chair cover are the kinds of dazzling details that help set your event apart.