How to Get the Best Look for Less
Have you fallen in love with a certain linen design, but need to find a way to do it on a budget? There are many ways to economize, and the staff at Mosaic can help you find creative solutions to achieve the look you love, for less. Try these tips:
• First, start with your "dream" linen look. It may not be as expensive as you think. If it is too expensive, it can still the starting point from which all else will emerge.
• If your "dream" tablecloth is a pretty print or luxury fabric, use it, but use "less" of it. For example, order napkins or chair sashes in the luxury fabric, and pair them with a complementary tablecloth.
• Use the luxury linen you love only on select tables, and use a coordinating, less expensive tablecloth on others. Alternate patterns on guest tables, or use the luxury combination as a focal point on the head table, cake table and other prominent location.
• Love the look of a denim tablecloth, but not the price? See if a solid blue tablecloth works just as well, especially when paired with the napkins and napkin rings you like. Similar "look-alike" tricks may work well for simulating burlap tablecloths , silk linens and more.
• Have you found a gorgeous silk cloth you adore? See if the same color in another fabric works just as well for you.
• If you really can’t do without a special, costly linen, then think of it as your design focal point and cut costs in other areas. For example, floral centerpieces can vary dramatically in cost. Pair special linens with a simple centerpiece such as a single exotic stem in a tall bud vase surrounded by candles. Consider the look of sparkling crystal bowls filled with water, colored stones and floating votive candles, mingled with a few floating flowers. A simple silver julep cup full of Gerber daisies is a simple yet stunning look, as well.
• Above all, don’t be afraid to experiment! With Mosaic’s staff and showroom at your disposal, you can keep working until you get the look you want, at a price you can afford.